White flakes at bottom of pool-Pentair IC40

Pool is 11 months old, white flakes have been collecting at the bottom for the last 3 months and increasing in quantity. Called the builder out this Saturday, cleaned the IC40 again along with the filter and still had flakes Sunday morning. Builder says it's normal and more visible because of the dark bottom pool (Quartzscape). Chemistry is good, adding acid occasionally but everything else seems about right. I'm not buying that this is normal but not sure what the issue is? Thanks in advance.

I had the same issue, until I properly balanced the water. It is caused by scale building up in the SWG and discharging into the pool. If you keep the CSI index at or very near zero it will stop. For mine that requires very close monitoring of pH and TA. Now I don't even have to clean the cell. When the indicator comes on I just inspect it and put it back.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.