Jandy aquapure 1400

Jun 17, 2013
Help!
I have a 4 year old Jandy Aquapure 1400 system and a few days ago it stopped generating chlorine. I cleaned the unit per the instruction manual but I believe the problem lies with the motherboard. When I turn the system on, I get a beep, followed by a power light and a reverse sensing light, the readout shows 0% chlorine production (normal according to the manual). It then shows 90% chlorine production with a wait cue (the manual says it takes up to six minutes to go out). The power light then goes out and it stays with the same screen with a wait cue for the rest of the time. None of the buttons to increase chlorine output, change temp, look at salinity levels work. Any suggestions on what needs to be replaced?

Thanks so much.

maxdorii said:
Help!
I have a 4 year old Jandy Aquapure 1400 system and a few days ago it stopped generating chlorine. I cleaned the unit per the instruction manual but I believe the problem lies with the motherboard. When I turn the system on, I get a beep, followed by a power light and a reverse sensing light, the readout shows 0% chlorine production (normal according to the manual). It then shows 90% chlorine production with a wait cue (the manual says it takes up to six minutes to go out). The power light then goes out and it stays with the same screen with a wait cue for the rest of the time. None of the buttons to increase chlorine output, change temp, look at salinity levels work. Any suggestions on what needs to be replaced?

Thanks so much.

Is this wired to the pump relay? Any irregular activity with the pump, especially during the time of this issue? What is your current salinity level according to a water test? Press the "C" (bottom left) button...what does the Aquapure board tell you that your salt level currently is? When was the cell last cleaned?

Not wired to the pump relay. Water test revealed salinity level near zero.Pressing the C button or any button does not change the display at all. It is frozen at chlorine level at 90% and a "wait" msg in the lower right. I just cleaned the cel the day prior to my initial post. The display does not show a power light on (it comes on originally when the filter is initially turned on but goes out within 30 seconds).

Thanks for the reply. The salinity level is actually at 3200ppm. When initially turning the unit on, the display shows de, then shows salinity at 0, then shows salinity at 90%. Does this sound like a bad mother board? I've used the reset button numerous times with no luck.

Thanks so much for the manual, when I looked at the frontboard and the backboard in the manual, they were not the same as my installed boards. The frontboard did not have the 3 test buttons. The closest thing I have is a reset button above the AUTO/SERVICE/TIMEOUT lights, which I have tried multiple resets. When I disconnected the flow sensor from the backboard, I did receive error messages183 and 185 with a "BO" message and the power light, reverse sensing light and service light illuminated and stayed on with beeps. When I reconnected the flow sensor, I got the same display as described above. I am will test the transformer voltage on the backboard in the morning. If you have any other suggestions, I would be grateful

My board is completely different than the one in the manual and it doesn't include the easy to see test points that the boards in the manual shows. Somewhere on the board will be the test points to check for the proper voltages and amps, but I'm not sure where those test points are on the newer boards.

The 183 and 185 are sensor errors but I wouldn't buy a new sensor for 4 year old system without verifying all the other components first.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.