TA and pH questions

Jun 17, 2013
We have a 20 X 40 X 32 inground, indoor, vinyl pool. I have the hardest time keeping the pH up. I consistently have to put about 4 lbs of soda ash in each day and it makes the pool cloudy. We use an automatic feeder for the chlorine and acid which are liquid feeders. We have an unusually large bather load through swim lessons. I am looking to improve the clarity of the water. Any suggestions? I was thinking of putting in a new filter and pump and adding a UV filter.

Make sure the acid feed system is properly adjusted. You don't want the acid feed system constantly adding acid while you are manually adding soda ash.

Are there any other chemicals that get added to the pool regularly?

Adding soda ash causing clouding suggests that some of your other levels are out of balance. Could you post a complete set of water test results?

It would be nice if you setup your signature line. We don't get very many indoor pools, so without a reminder that yours is indoors you will tend to get outdoor pool advice, which is often different.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.