Pressure problems de

Kevin1

Jun 16, 2013
Hello, I've looked around and no true answer to my situation...I have a de set up..I clean the grid, I get 13 psi on my gauge with great pressure...15 minutes later I have 21 psi and pressure terrible..even when I bumb it side to side and back wash it comes back but goes away just as fast...help???

I had it clear for a few days after I shocked with the same kind of pressure problems..every one had said that de is high maintenance so it will need to have the filter grids cleaned often which i have done but i have been bumping the filter a lot to keep pressure up..but when I came home pool was cloudy...

Kevin1 said:
I had it clear for a few days after I shocked with the same kind of pressure problems..every one had said that de is high maintenance so it will need to have the filter grids cleaned often which i have done but i have been bumping the filter a lot to keep pressure up..but when I came home pool was cloudy...
You're starting to get another algae bloom. Cloudy water is virtually never the filter's problem. I doubt you fully completed the shock process; you did a good beat-down but you didn't kill it all and now it's coming back and loading up the filter. Off to Pool School to read pool-school/shocking_your_pool

Once you get it all killed off and filtered out, if you keep the pool chemistry balanced, you won't be going through this ever again. I backwash once or twice a year. Last year I had to do it early on account of some massive windstorms that blew mountains of dirt in my pool.

[center:16m34o3h]
file.php
[/center:16m34o3h]

I'm a beginner for sure...will the pressure ever stay at 14 to 15 psi when the pool is cleaned?? One other question I have is I've been through bags of de...is that normal? My pool is 24 round and my filter says 4 pounds of de when recharge the grids.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.