Tayzalor

Jun 16, 2013
St. Paul, MN
Hello all,

New to the forum. DH and I bought a house a few months ago that has an inground pool. It was a real wild card in that the house was foreclosed and the pool had not been closed at ALL. We live in MN. After getting it checked out by several "pool people" we found that we probably dodged several bullets and all that the pool needed was a new pump. :party: Everything else is good to go! This whole pool ownership thing is foreign to me and I know NOTHING. DH grew up with an inground pool so to him nothing about this is a big deal and he seems to know up from sideways from down. Glad one of us does!

Anyhow, I'm pretty excited that it finally feels like summer! Feels like it's taken forever.

A bit about me:
I'm an elementary school teacher
We have 2 early elementary school age kids
I play guitar, and my username is a twist on the Taylor brand name (my favorite to play).
We're avid and experienced DIY'ers. This house that we just bought is the 2nd that we're rehabbing and we hope it will be our forever home. We're not house-flippers, though; we're moreso just cheap and frugal. The first house we bought (and are just about to put on the market) is the one that I grew up in. Mixed feelings about that, but it's the best move for our family.

Enough talk. Happy to be here :whoot:

Welcome to TFP :wave:

A couple of things to help us help you...
  • 1. Please add to your profile the state and nearest city in which you live. Your climate is important to the advice you receive. By doing this, it will appear in all your posts without you having to enter it each time.
    2. Suggest adding information about your pool and related equipment in your signature. By doing this, it will automatically appear in all your posts so you do not have to re-enter it each time. If you have a SWG, please include those letters in your signature so it stands out as the advice for SWG vs. non-SWG is often different.
Here's how to do both of the above: Adding location to your profile and pool info to your signature.

If you don't already have one, you will need a good test kit to properly manage your pool. Here is a comparison of the recommended Test Kits.