Should I replace water? stains back after AA

May 17, 2013
So I did a very successful AA treatment about a month ago. after about two weeks and the FC coming up, the staining is back and looking even worse. It seems that the staining in more concentrated, where some areas are still clear, the stains look twice as bad in other spots.

So heres the question. am I better off doing another AA treatment and then replacing most of the water? I am trying to figure out if the cost of replacing the water will be cheaper and less hassle than a whole summer of sequestering. I have already dumped about $400 in AA and sequesterant.

Any thoughts?

I hear ya! I myself had the same issues and I tested my tap water and it was clear of metals. I removed half of the water out of my fiberglass pool. I could only do half because my floor started to get spongy. Two days post this process and the pool has recovered. I am going to hold my ph at 7. I have my FC at 1. I have added the CUlater product. My long term goal is to not have to deal with adding sequestrate. Good luck I know how frustrating this can be.

I had my tap water tested an there is very low level of metals. I have ordered another 10lbs of AA. I plan on treating this weekend.

I am curious how much water I can remove safely in the pool. Is is a steel wall vinyl pool. My local store told me that it is not safe to drain the water. Is this true?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.