Water Coming Out of Intex Sand Pump Basket - Now Not Working

kristinainaustin

LifeTime Supporter
May 13, 2013
I just filled my pool, put 160 pounds of salt in it and can't get the pump to work. I turned it on for the first time and it looked like it was working fine, except that water was leaking out of the cover of the basket. I removed everything (possibly in the wrong order, had a lot of pressure when I was opening it - oops), tried to tighten things, made sure the rubber ring was in there and now, when I turn it on, it does nothing?! I've tried and tried, checked the manual, checked the valves going to and from the pool, checked the outlet, reset the plug, made sure I have the pump set to filter... Not sure what is going on here?! I'm doing this all by myself and feel so clueless. :?

Re: Water Coming Out of Intex Sand Pump Basket - Now Not Wor

Nope, not it. Is all of this correct? Other than the huge amount of water I've leaked everywhere trying to figure this out... I appreciate all of the help!

Attachments

• IMG_3482.jpg
    IMG_3482.jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 100

I don't have that setup, so I can't say what goes where.

Seems to me that gravity would fill the pump basket. Are you sure the gasket got installed properly? And when you say does nothing, does that mean no noise, either? Maybe all that water just made the GFI on the plug trip and you just need to reset it.

If I switch it to backwash, water comes out without it even being on. When I put it on filter, then turn it on, nothing happens... No movement, no noise. Tried a reset, didn't work. I'm going to try adding more sand to it tomorrow. Not sure if that will help? I put a 50 pound bag in it, but saw that it needs 55 pounds. Thanks again! I really appreciate it!

kristinainaustin said:
If I switch it to backwash, water comes out without it even being on. When I put it on filter, then turn it on, nothing happens... No movement, no noise. Tried a reset, didn't work. I'm going to try adding more sand to it tomorrow. Not sure if that will help? I put a 50 pound bag in it, but saw that it needs 55 pounds. Thanks again! I really appreciate it!
If the pump isn't making noise, it's not the filter's fault. Check that you didn't pop a circuit breaker or something simple.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.