Green Pool frustration!!! Newby trying to take control:)

KGK said:
Yes...I am curious. If I bring it to shock level tonight, when do I test it (tonight after adding bleach) so I know an accurate FC number to compare to in the morning?
After the sun is off the pool, test FC and plug that number into pool calculator, then add enough bleach to bring FC back to shock level (12). Then wait an hour, test the actual FC level. Use that number as the start for your OCLT.

Boys in pool=cloudy water for sure! It is always best to raise your bleach level after you have had a big swimmer load just to be on the safe side. You never know what they brought with them. In this case you KNOW! MUD and all kinds of neat things that boys get into! At least they hosed off first---hugs to them and bleach to the pool! LOL

KGK said:
Have to say, my pool is crystal clear and gorgeous today. It pasted the OCLT. CYA appears to be 40ish. I will let my FC settle to 5. PH is 8 ( a little high). TA is 280 - seems really high. Should I try to lower that?

I would just lower your PH with some MA and not worry about your TA. If you get bored in a couple weeks and feel like messing with it go for, but it's not really necessary. If you keep adjusting your PH over time TA will finds it's own happy place

By tomorrow evening, you should be down around 3 ppm FC which would be perfect...then you add 2 ppm more to bring it back to five.

If you are down to less than 3 ppm tomorrow evening, consider bumping your CYA to 50 to reduce your FC consumption a bit.

If you expect a lot of swimmers, dose about 2-3 ppm an hour or so before they swim.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.