It's almost Summer

I know I'll get crushed by the hockey fans up North for saying this but we do have the reigning Stanley Cup champs down here in NC. The Carolina Huricanes are in Duraleigh's back yard.

I don't get to see much hockey but did get to see some games when the Canes played a year in Greensboro as a temporary home before moving to Raleigh and it was great.

And then I watched the playoffs last year and got so caught up pulling for the Canes you would have thought I'd been a fan all my life!

Kevin

Heck, 75% of the Panthers are Canadians. Another 24% are European. But there is that 1 % that is a Red Blooded Born and Bred American.
Funny Panthers story....my wife knew I like the Panthers. One christmas a few years back, she got me a Panthers sweatshirt for Christmas.... CAROLINA Panthers ! uuuggghhhhhh.....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Football players are sissies :p they get a bruise on a toe and can't play for 6 weeks a Hockey player get hit in the face with a puck at 100 mph and go into the locker room and get stitches and gets back out on the ice and get paid a lot less than the almighty QB.
In football they only play 16 games hockey they play 82 sometimes back to back and with all the rules that football has now it's almost like watching a 2 hand touch game at least in hockey they still fight and they let you watch :-D

divnkd101 said:
Well, come Sundays in fall, you should have plenty of time to clean that pool and enjoy it. :-D No football for you.... lol.
Quite true I haven't watched a game for at least 3 years I have been a Rams fans since the 70's but just don't like the way the game is turning into a big financial sport and to many rules that have changed the game too much.
Just imagine if the Raiders or the Bears or Steelers of the early 70's would still be playing they'd be thrown out and fined every game :p

Marillion Fan said:
Football players are sissies :p they get a bruise on a toe and can't play for 6 weeks a Hockey player get hit in the face with a puck at 100 mph and go into the locker room and get stitches and gets back out on the ice and get paid a lot less than the almighty QB.
In football they only play 16 games hockey they play 82 sometimes back to back and with all the rules that football has now it's almost like watching a 2 hand touch game at least in hockey they still fight and they let you watch :-D

Best money for effort is American League Baseball Pitcher

35 starts
100 pitches a game
Never have to bat
Salary 8 million

That's about 2200 dollars a pitch, taking less than a second !!!!

Calculate the salary for the Closer! Pitches less, never has to start a game, and makes a little bit less.
Hey, maybe we can submit for an MLB team, made up of all members here.

I want to be the multi million dollar pitcher that only has to pitch the 8th and 9th innings...and all the Gatoraid I want.

Poolsean said:
Calculate the salary for the Closer! Pitches less, never has to start a game, and makes a little bit less.
Hey, maybe we can submit for an MLB team, made up of all members here.

I want to be the multi million dollar pitcher that only has to pitch the 8th and 9th innings...and all the Gatoraid I want.

And sunflower seeds
don't for get the seeds! :p

The "SAVE" is absolutely the most pointless statistic in Baseball !!!

Causing pitchers who are still pitching well to be pulled out of a game just to pad a closers save count !

Is my hatred for John Franco showing ?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.