SWG seems to be not working...

Jun 16, 2013
Hey guy's,, I'm new to this forum and to pool ownership... I put a swg on last Oct,2012 and now it seems to be not working. The LCD reads I'm at 2800ppm, the water taste like the dead sea, you can gargle with it. The test strips,for salt says it's three times what the LCD says. back in May we added salt, to the pool because the readout said we were low. The water turned green we added chlorine whech cleared it up.
what is going on here, any help please.It's a swimpure plus,

At only nine months old, I think it's time to call Hayward.

One thing you're going to want to do before they come out is to get the salt into the proper range or they'll blame it on that. Or at least refuse to work on it until you do.

hey,, I took a sample of water to Leslie's,, 5000ppm,, way to high. was told the swg shut down because of the high level,, so we've been draining the cement pond now for days,, takes awhile through a garden hose. Really need to fix that,, :cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.