How high is OK for TA?

Lynsta

May 27, 2008
Oregon
I'm new at pool management, but am learning fast from this site. We have a 1700 gal Intex pool. I added too much Borax. Which raised the TA and pH. I used acid to drop the pH. and am letting it go up. I also had to let the chlorine and pH drop to use a metal sequesterant.

Numbers from the 5 way drop test are:

chlorine 2.0

pH 7.5

CYA 30

TA 160

I read the instructions on lowering the TA by aeration. I do not feel able to do that. Our pool just has a pump. I do not understand the terms used for adapting parts of the pool to increase aeration. I do understand using kids to aerate. I decided to hope the high TA would not hurt them and let them swim. I was only able to get our 2 kids in the pool for a short time. It is pretty cold and rainy now. What if I just add a little acid again to get the pH to 7.2 ich and call it good? Then, in a couple of weeks the weather will warm and they will aerate it well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.