need to increase PH a little

I have my TF-100 on order should be here next week. been using a DPD test for chlorine and ph levels.

my PH is getting low, I expected this due to the 3" puck floating around my pool.

I purchased some 20 mule team Borax and used the pool calculator and I need to add 9oz to increase my PH level by .2ppm.

the calculator says it will add Borate? is it still ok to use this Borax? or should I use something else to increase my PH.

I need to go .4ppm total to get back to 7.5 but I was gonna do it in two steps. 9oz then see where im at and add more if needed.

Usually, simple aeration (creating bubbles in the water) will get your pH to rise just fine. That is, unless your TA is really low. When you get your TF-100, post a full set of test results and we can see where to make adjustments.

Using the 20 MT borax will not harm anything. This is what we recommend that people use when adding borates to their pool for water conditioning.

ok so my TF-100 came today. seems like a nice setup.

and the results are.

FC 6-7 CC 0 PH 7.2 TA 90-100 CH 110-120 CYA >20

I added 3oz of 47% cal-hypo last night. I have a almost fully dissolved 3" tri-chlor tab floating.

I check my FC and PH twice daily using my DPD test kit. I wont be adding any cal-hypo tonight and will add another puck to my floater.

I will add another 8oz of Borax and see where that brings my PH up too. I added 12oz when I did it the last time and it took it from 7.0 to 7.4-5. I also dissolved the Borax in a bucket with hose water and poured it slowly in front of the return, filled bucket up again stirred some more and poured again in front of return untill there was nothing left in the bucket.

Can borax be added directly to the skimmer? I also do this with my cal-hypo when the floater just isn't enough.

I use a 2650gph 16" sand filter

I didnt use much Cal-hypo this week due to the solar cover being on it all week. water is almost where I like it.

I know my PH keeps dropping because im using the 3" tri-chlor tabs.

just want to make sure im doing it right....

I do know that 0ppm CC is AWESOME!

I think as soon as im done with this container of cal-hypo, im going to switch to bleach.

Im using the 3" tri-chlor tab because its both chlorinating and adding CYA.

Do you just add your bleach and borax directly to your skimmer? or do you just dump it in your pool? or do you disolve it in a bucket?

I dissolved the borax, but pour the granulated cal-hypo directly into my skimmer.

have you noticed a difference with your Borated pool?

Im just gonna use the borax to bump my PH a little not to borate just yet!

I think my numbers are pretty good where they are

I'm not going to add anymore chlorine untill my FC is down around a 3-4 since my CYA is low

Having the cover on it has really allowed the pool to hold FC

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.