BBB Day 3

Erdo

Jun 12, 2013
Ok, this past Friday I changed over to the BBB method and I'm grateful for all the info on this site. I drained some of my pool yesterday but not too much as I have a vinyl liner. Here are my test results using the Taylor 2006 kit:
FC-9
CC-0
TA-180
PH-7.6
CYA-over 100 probably 150
I plan to keep draining my pool and refilling little by little to get the CYA level down. Does the rainwater help lower CYA levels? Do my test numbers seem ok other than the high CYA level?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Welcome to tfp, Erdo :wave:

How does you water look?

Rainwater can lower cya a little (if you get a lot of rain) and if you pump out pool water and let the rainwater refill (verses just replacing evaporation). One of our special experts, Richard320, captures his roof water and has used that reduce his high CH levels.

Other than cya, the only other number that is a little high is TA but I wouldn't worry about it unless it causes trouble. Just keep an eye on your ph and when it gets to 7.8, lower it back down to 7.2 using Muriatic Acid. This process will also slowly lower TA.

Also, you don't list a CH (Calcium Hardness), although that is typically not a problem for vinyl pools until it gets high.

Since your water is clear, you could attempt to keep your FC high enough for your cya level (as you slowly drop it), but you need to know your cya level more accurately. You could do a dilution where you mix half pool water with half cya free water (tap water will work for this)and redo the test doubling the result you get.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.