Black Algae! Help!

cm_w

Jun 16, 2013
Hi.

New to this forum and hope someone can help.

Pool is roughly 10m x 5m. 2m deep at the deep end and concrete painted.

We didn't manage to get the leaves out before we closed it last year :hammer: and, of course, when I opened it this year it was green pea soup. After about 3 weeks the water finally cleared, but we were left with black algae on the bottom and it's spreading!

I don't want to have to empty the pool (water is metered).

I'm thinking bleach bleach bleach and lots of Chlor choc. Am I going in the right direction?

Photo attached.

TIA
Frustrated Pool Owner in SW France :-D

Attachments

• P1050768.JPG
    P1050768.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 111
Removing that stain will not be overnight. I would suggest simply elevating your chlorine level to about twice normal and keeping it there until the stains go away. Brushing often will likely help.

duraleigh said:
Removing that stain will not be overnight. I would suggest simply elevating your chlorine level to about twice normal and keeping it there until the stains go away. Brushing often will likely help.

And just under 2 weeks later!

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• P1050862.JPG
    P1050862.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 50
Nice! This year, close it right and you won't have that nasty pool to deal with next year! :cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.