Anyone use or try Purity Pools OS Spot Stain Remover

blakeusa

In The Industry
Jul 8, 2010
Ashford, CT
Anyone use or try one of these.

Purity Pool OS Out Spot Stain Remover

The Out Spot is a self-contained underwater stain remover. The cup holds about a cup of muriatic acid. Once filled and connected to a standard pool maintenance pole, the Out Spot can be lowered down to the pool surface and placed on top of a stain. Since acid is heavier than water, the acid seeps through the pad (slowly diluting, so go for the worst stains first!) over a period of about 20 minutes. Most stains are gone in seconds!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110949178757?ss ... 1438.l2649

I purchased one a couple of months ago to treat a few stains on the floor and stairs of my pool and it works pretty well. The only issues I have with it - and they're minor - are that it needs to be re-filled after about 5 minutes, not 20 as the description says.

Second, its relatively small and will take a long time to clear up a large stain (but then again, its a "spot" remover). And lastly, because its rigid, it doesn't work well on curved contours like stairs or where the pool wall meets the floor.

Other than that, its well made and I'm very happy with it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.