DIY solar cover hanger for intex

I purchased a solar cover for my pool this year, the kids like the cold water, me and the wife not so much.

I searched on here for some ideas, I recall seeing a few but unable to find them now.

a simple hanger made from PVC and attached to the legs should do the trick.

looking for some visual aide if anyone has some that would like to share!

THANKS

I'll try to get a couple pics when I get home tonight. I use the cover that came with my Intex 18x9 during the day. We live in an area that frequently gets dust storms this time of year so it helps keep the pool clean and works as a solar cover. I roll the cover up on a piece of PVC pipe. On one end of the pool I use a couple of these rubber pipe couplers and some "garage hangers" to store the cover.

To use the couplers, unscrew both clamps completely and remove them. Using a utility knife, or heavy scissors, cut the rubber coupler, on the long side. Drill a hole in the rubber, in the center of the coupler, and attach it to the hanger with a small screw and washer. Slip the assembly over the pool leg and reassemble the clamp over it. I also put the lower clamp over the bottom of the hanger. The rubber keeps it secure to the leg without any drilling and it's completely removable.

[attachment=0:2a2oijtw]rubber_coupler.gif[/attachment:2a2oijtw]

Attachments

• rubber_coupler.gif
    rubber_coupler.gif
    34.5 KB · Views: 218
Reactions: maryrooney
abazysyq.jpg

my8epe4a.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.