Need to get behind liner

Jun 5, 2013
North Dakota
New here. Have a problem.

When we opened up the pool after a two-year hiatus (thanks to this forum we got it from brown to clear!), about four feet of liner and the tracking had come loose. I asked a PB to come out and fix it. (A 200 mile round trip, charged for the time and milage!) He did.

I now notice six protrusions from behind the liner. All in a line, all right under where he worked, all hard and pointy. It sure looks to me like the old track or the board on which the track is attached fell behind and the screws are sticking out. He is claiming it was not caused by him.

Setting aside the issue of who is to blame, who will pay, and all that - I don't know if I want him to come out and do the repair and any other person would also be more than a hundred miles away.

How hard would it be for me to remove the coping, remove the liner from the track, get behind the liner (the objects are about 18" down), remove the offending objects without puncturing the liner, and then reattach the liner and the coping?

IMG_0004-M.jpg

Without knowing anything about your pool, that's hard to answer. It's not hard to get your hand back there if you can get the liner loose at the top.

For some reason my original post did not go through so I reposted it. Several hours have since passed.

I decided to do it myself and it was not that hard. Getting the liner back in place was not as hard as I thought it would be. And as JohnT noted, it was not hard to get my hand down there.

The culprits turned out to be eight rusted screws apparently from the old track/recipient.

So the next question is: Should the PB have made sure that nothing was behind the liner before making the repair? It cost me nearly $1500 to have him come out and do it and then I had to redo most of it myself to remove the old screws.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.