Question on refilling pool

Jimh64

Jun 1, 2009
NE Ohio
I had to put a new liner in my pool (boy was that a project!) I was wondering if I have to shock my pool if it is not green? I know I need to add cya and bleach to bring my chlorine up, but if it is clear I should not have to shock do I?

Thanks!

If you have a test kit with FAS-DPD chlorine test you can run an over night chlorine loss test. That test is most accurate at shock levels but is ok to run at non-shock levels for a quick test.

The longer the pool water sat without chlorine the more you are at risk for something growing.

Sent via Tapatalk...

UnderWaterVanya said:
If you have a test kit with FAS-DPD chlorine test you can run an over night chlorine loss test. That test is most accurate at shock levels but is ok to run at non-shock levels for a quick test.

The longer the pool water sat without chlorine the more you are at risk for something growing.

Sent via Tapatalk...

I just filled it up overnight with city water. I do have the test kit recommended on here, so I guess I will bring my chlorine levels up, and then test them over night after I get some CYA in the pool.

Thansk!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.