CC level at 65????

Jun 5, 2013
Michigan
Ok, I thought I had this figured out but i'm not sure.

Testing this morning..

CL - 5
PH - 7.0
TA - 150
CYA - 30
CAL - 250
CC - 65 (13 drops to change the color) x 0.5 = 65?

I added abt 32 oz of stabilizer two days ago when the level was at 20. It has came up to 30. That CC level tells me to shock. Is that correct?

All answers appreciated....truly...truly....truly

You forgot a decimal between the two. :) I think you mean 6.5. I won't tell you to shock until you re-run, make sure you have the right results. Did you get thirteen drops on the first or second part of the test? How many on the first part?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
ghetohound said:
Brushpup said:
Yep, 7.0 PPM FC 0.0 CC. Excellent! Your pH needs to come up a little, say to 7.5, but your FC/CC is nice.

Doing the happy dance! :party: :party: :party:

Am I correct that Borax will raise the PH without raising the TA?

Yup- use the pool calculator to determine how much but its prudent to use less than suggested and retest. You can add more if needed but you don't want to overshoot if you can avoid it.
Sometimes folks aren't positive of how many gallons their pool actually holds so this practice of under-dosing at first helps you determine how accurate your volume is as well as avoiding any testing variables that might cause you to over treat by accident.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.