Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Basic Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Basic Question

What is a swim-out?

Thanks
    (DIY):16K Gal 20X30 rectangular IG Gunite, w/spa, CCP 520 filter,2 Pentair VS pumps, 400KBTU Pentair gas heater, Heat Pump for cooling, **update5.25.2013** added an intellichem with acid pump that will control existing SWG. My Build Thread Here

2. Back To Top    #2
    It's sort of like a small tanning ledge, that looks like a seat. They are built in the deep end to provide a place to get out of the water without swimming back to the shallow end - a safety feature.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

3. Back To Top    #3
    silly me, I thought that was a place to sit and rest and have a martini while resting up for the return half of a lap.

Really thanks tho for the answer to a basic question.
    (DIY):16K Gal 20X30 rectangular IG Gunite, w/spa, CCP 520 filter,2 Pentair VS pumps, 400KBTU Pentair gas heater, Heat Pump for cooling, **update5.25.2013** added an intellichem with acid pump that will control existing SWG. My Build Thread Here

4. Back To Top    #4

The guy in the white shirt is standing in the swimout. After using it a couple of times I am planning to put a hand rail next to it.

20x40 IG Vinyl
    33k Gallons
    Triton TR-100 Sand Filter
    Pentair WFDS-6

5. Back To Top    #5
    Looks like fall in that pic, so I assume you are swimming now... nice pool! BIG It looks really deep or is that a trick of perspective?

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks for the kind words. Yep, I think that was October. We are swimming, but the pool is still kinda cold.
    It's a standard 20x40 hopper with 3.5' shallow end and 8' deep end.
    20x40 IG Vinyl
    33k Gallons
    Triton TR-100 Sand Filter
    Pentair WFDS-6