Slow Start To Filling This Year - Not Yet Full & Nasty

TRH

Jun 28, 2011
Well, because of the Dang weather here in MA this year, we are still filling our Intex 24 X 52 Metal Frame. Problem is I starting flling a couple of weeks back and stopped because of the constant drenching rain we have had. Plus I have to turn the hose on an off during the day due to needing full water use/pressure in the house.

Anyway....it should be filled and ready for the sand filter to be hooked up in a few days. Meanwhile since we have had such a delay filling and not yet filtering, well it's pretty nasty.

It's going to be needing to be vacuumed right away, as well as I can do from the outside.

How much of a headache will I be giving myself if I shock the Crud out of it and algacide it before raising the PH?

I know I'm in for a tough start this year, but nobody wanted to go in and out watching the water level and turning the hose on and off as needed n this drenching rain we have had to deal with here.

And another question unrelated to chemistry:

Our summer has started off waaaaaaaaaay below ' normal'. Aside from one 3 day heatwave, it's been nothing but rain and jeans and sweatshirt temps, so warming isn't going to happen very quickly. How well do solar covers work and about how long does it take to warm up when using one?

Re: Slow Start To Filling This Year - Not Yet Full & Nasty

Do not blindly add chemicals. Fill the pool. Circulate for an hour and then perform a full set of tests. Then you will know what needs to be done.

You will certainly need to add stabilizer and then follow the shock process. No need for algaecide.

Solar covers actually are best at retaining heat that would be lost to evaporation. If you have sun with little wind, you get more heat with the cover off. But want it on at night to hold the heat in.

^^^^^What that person said^^^^^

PH test is easy raising PH is even easier and cheap. No reason to skip it.

No point in shocking the **** out of it untill you get stabilizer in and full set of tests. For the safety of your liner, and equipment your better off just following the shock process recommendations.

What's this talk about algacide for?

Depending what you have around your pool, and what you think is in the bottom, might want to try scooping before vacuuming if you think there is a lot of debris.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.