New pool owner- bought a house that had a swamp for pool

nugget

Jun 6, 2013
Lehighton, PA
Hello all, I actually do electrical work for new pool installs.... I have really been trying to figure out how to get this mess straight! Started out with 8 trash cans full of leaves & branches, a ton of tad poles & dozen frogs pool. Thanks to this site, my pool is almost ready to swim..... Hopefully I can get the final help to clear the water??? took water from almost black to a cloudy blue.... hoping to get water clear soon? have a taylor test kit #'s
FC 3
TC 5+
cc? (since actual TC unkown (kit tops out at 5)
PH- 7.2
TA 60
Water is cloudy & on blue side any suggetions greatly appreciated & will be executed. Wife & I were blessed with first child on march 23 hope to introduce her to a healthy pool soon...

Thank you Jason for welcome & reply! CYA was less than 30 (dot was visable beyond 30.... to start now in around 48. pressure is nuts if brush & debris is stirred up. generally around 20 when running with no problem. recently started to add DE to help

Ok went to pool store & received following results:
TC-4.7
Fc- 2.3
Ph-6.5
Ta- 50
CH- 50
Stabilizer-0 (although it was low when started & def. Around 50 per my test?
They suggested I start working on CH by adding 58lbs of calcium increaser.
Next alakalinity- then ph & finally superchlorinate. Does this procedure sound reasonable? Purchasing the BBB's as suggested. Now just need to figure out right steps... Thank you so much for all your thoughs & ideas!!!

nugget said:
Ok went to pool store & received following results:
TC-4.7
Fc- 2.3
Ph-6.5
Ta- 50
CH- 50
Stabilizer-0 (although it was low when started & def. Around 50 per my test?
They suggested I start working on CH by adding 58lbs of calcium increaser.
Next alakalinity- then ph & finally superchlorinate. Does this procedure sound reasonable? Purchasing the BBB's as suggested. Now just need to figure out right steps... Thank you so much for all your thoughs & ideas!!!
Vinyl pool doesn't need Calcium. Look at the money you just saved by not adding it. I hope...

And I'd trust your Taylor kit more than the pool store. Quit stalling and start the shock process.

Amen thank you Richard!! I tried to tell them that as well but value the real information on this site! Dumping 9 gallons of bleach per pool calculator & will check into additional add on to Taylor kit as you referenced. Thank you again for your thoughts!!! Have a great day!

To properly shock you need that FAS-DPD test, without it you are guessing. It is easy to overshoot or overshoot and waste time and money...

Sent via Tapatalk...

FAS-DPD test kit was ordered over weekend but started Shock Process per request. Used pool calc & dumped bleach as suggested. Can only use strips to verify above 10 until test kit arrives... Water was a cloudy blue, today it turned a greenish brown? I can still see return as before but seems going the wrong way? I did use test strips prior to blind dumping this am & again this eve... Figured better to over shoot rather than wait on test kit? although not sure what happened basically today???? what to do now?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.