wife washes hair in pool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 14, 2011
I have a 24' abg pool with a hayward goldline aquatrol. It has literally been maintenance free, I do nothing and it stays just about perfect as far as ph etc.......(love my Hayward).
I have discovered my wife washes her hair, with shampoo, in the pool. I told her to stop it, that it can't be good for the pool chemistry, but she always just says it must not be bothering anything and continues to do it.
So......while everything does continue to stay balanced and I literally do nothing to my pool, I can't see this being a good thing.
What is my argument to make her stop - or do I have one. She has been doing this now for a couple of years, but it just seems awful strange to me.........

I don't think it will harm anything unless she invites 30 of her friends over for a shampoo party! Bumping up the chlorine should take care of any organics. It is pretty weird, though. Most ladies prefer to wash the chlorine out of their hair, not into it!

She has been doing this now for a couple of years, but it just seems awful strange to me
Yeah, me, too. Do y'all not have a tub or shower? Does she do it in the winter? I would think she would like a bit less chlorine and CYA in her hair but that's just me.

yea, we have a tub and shower....I have no idea why she does it. We have had many a fairly heated debate about it, but of course she is going to do what she is going to do. I just thought for sure it would have to mess something up.........oh well, guess I will leave her be about it now.
Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.