no pressure

Jun 11, 2013
hello, this is my first post here, have tried reading thru and trying different solutions but none have worked so far. I hope I have the right forum for this topic.

I cannot get my system to prime or build pressure, cannot get water to flow. Ive had three different pool guys come out and say the filter is fine the multiport switch is fine and there must be something in the skimmer line.

I have an old Anthony Apollo DE filter with new screens, a new Hayward 2HP pump.

So I put in a bypass (three way valve) between the skimmer and the pump. hooked up a vacuum hose and I cant pull water at all. Same as the skimmer, but when I switched back to the skimmer I got some water flow for about ten minutes, I can hear and feel the filter filling up and the relief valve starts to let out air, then it stops completely, no water out of the relief, no water flowing, nothing.

so it seems to me it isn't the skimmer line and I got the same result with my old pump too, so it isn't the pumps. I don't see any leaks or hear any air leaking. I am very frustrated. I don't mind paying a guy to fix it if I can find someone who can actually determine the issue. I also don't mind doing the work myself.

does anyone have any ideas I can follow up on? some tests to run maybe?

Thanks in advance

thanks for the reply

I do get water in the basket for a little while using the skimmer line then nothing it just stops, using the bypass line I get no water flow no water in basket at all. Using reciprocate I get no flow. however the last two pool guys got the waste to pump water out at a really low pressure. I couldn't get it to do that even.

westtex said:
well, still no luck, put a new spider gasket, oiled the handle still seems like its not sealing well , but no suction no water flowing. cant get it to prime. very frustrating
If the valve leaks, you'll suck air, not water. Or you might have debris lodged in an elbow in the line.

I'm assuming you've read up on the drain king/ hose & rag backflush the pipe scenartio?

What about coating the suspect valve with shaving cream? If it starts sucking the foam in, you've found the leak.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.