Robotic Pool Vacuums-what do you recommend???

Jun 2, 2008
Dracut, MA
I am in the market for a robotic pool cleaner and I'm wondering what type of vacuum have people had luck with.

My neighbor swears by his robot(irobot verro 300- $700). My pool store offers the Prowler 720 for about $1200.

Has anyone had experience with these or other automatic vacs?

One other question- I have a 32K Gal Gunite Pool that has the mushroom caps on the bottom(i call them toe stubbers!!!) Will these vacuums have any problems with these?

Jim

I think most people are pretty happy with the Blue Pearl and Blue Diamond. I think the Prowler 720 is the same as one of these, but I'm not sure which.

By the mushroom caps, are you talking about an infloor cleaning system?

I have these jets in my pool as well. What mine do is come up and shoot a jet of water in a specific pattern as to push any dirt on the floor towards my main drain and skimmer where it gets vacuumed up. They work quite well in my pool. I don't have a robot yet, but my system is easy to turn on and off (that is, they run on their own pump so I can continue to filter even with the infloor system off), so I would just keep the floor vac system off when the robot is running. Besides, I wouldn't want it on because it moves the dirt around which would make it that much time consuming for the robot to get all up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.