Help! Opened and tested what to do next.

G

Hello everyone.
I opened my pool got it cleaned up and clear, and tested using TF test kit. This is where I need some help. I'm a little confused. My test findings follow:
FC=1
CC=.5
TC=1.5
pH=7.2
T/A=80
CYA=100
Water temp=75 F
I plugged all the numbers into the calculator and was told that I need to add 60% new water. Is this the only way to lower my CYA & how important is it that this is done?
I have 28,000 gal in ground pool with a center drain and one skimmer. I am have a pool frog set up using pool frog bac pac & pool frog in mineral pac. I have a cartridge filter using 4 filters.
If I lower the water level 60% and add new water do I wait until I do this to make all my chemical adjustments or do I adjust it now?
The pool frog setup came with the pool. Is it a bad idea to use it?
If I left something out please let me know and I will answer any questions that are needed.
Thanks in advance for any help that you could offer.
Bob

You'll need to maintain your FC at 7.5ppm minimum if you run with CYA at 100ppm. The real problem is that most test methods lose accuracy at 100ppm on the CYA test, which means your CYA could really be 130 or 150ppm, which gives you no basis for knowing what FC to maintain.

Replacing water is the only practical way to lower the CYA level. It is very important that you lower the level below 100. If you can get CYA down to 80 that would be enough. It would probably be good to go lower than that, but CYA at 80 is manageable

You also need to look at how the CYA level got that high and do something to prevent it from getting very high again. Standard trichlor tablets/pucks/sticks contain CYA as do some of the granular shock products.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.