Good grief! Intex SWG "High salt" reading -no salt added!

TXMom

May 11, 2012
Siphoned to waste yesterday due to a layer of fine silt that refuses to leave pool bottom- so I added fresh tap water to pool- nothing more. This morning I get "high salt" reading. What the Sam Hill? I thought it would be "low salt" if anything.
So unless anyone here can offer me a reason to believe that reading, I'll be taking my SWG apart for cleaning this afternoon. :hammer:

Re: Good grief! Intex SWG "High salt" reading -no salt added

Do you have an independant salt test? If not, take a sample to a local pool store and have them test the salt. I doubt that it's high unless you just added some and it hasn't had time to mix yet, but you never know.

I unplugged the pump for an hour, plugged it back in and now everything seems to be working fine. :roll: Go figure. I'll take it!

Mine will do this sometimes, I just installed mine last week and manually turn it on most days. When I allowed the timer to turn it on (only twice ive done this) it told me both times high salt. Turn off the pump...turn it back on and it worked fine. Kind of annoying but I have installed a timer anyway for the power so I can do half my pumping at night and half midday just to keep the water cleaner more of the day. Anyway this has worked for me so far.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.