Residue on Polaris

charsand

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 4, 2009
Flower Mound/Texas
I had to take my Polaris out of the water and left it out for a few days. There was a gray residue over most of it. I am currently in day 9 of shocking for algae. Is this residue algae related? It doesn't come off easily. It requires brushing.
Thanks

Here are the latest test results:

FC 11.5
CC 0.5
TA 100
CYA 20
PH 7.5
CH 110

I have ordered calcium chloride and will add once I clear up the algae. I will also add more CYA later today.

I have been adding bleach about 5 - 6 times per day to get FC to 14....also brushing each time I add...
The pool has gone from emerald green on 6/5/13 to a murky teal, I can now see the bottom of the whole pool....I intend to change filters either today or tomorrow....this is going much better than last year

OK...thanks....

Just one more quick question....since it takes me about an hour to an hour and a half ( I am slow and the body just doesn't function as well as it once did :-D :-D ) to change out my filters, should I do this in the evening, or is it okay to do it anytime.....I don't want to backslide on this algae battle....

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.