Topping off the pool

Jul 30, 2012
Seymour, In
After going through the shock process and several backwashes, my pool is starting to get a bit low in the skimmer. We have a well hooked up to our outside water spigots. What do you all think about topping off the pool this way or should I run the hose down into the basement and fill off city water? I need to raise it maybe a inch or inch and a half. The well water is super cold, taste awesome but is pretty hard. We had a lot of issues when we used the well to 100% fill our intex several years ago. Would this small amount make a huge difference or should I just go off city water and now worry about it?

Simple enough answer, I know we have some metals in the well. That was the issue we had to fight with when filling the intex pool. I will run a hose to the basement. Pool is looking good and I don't want to do anything that can change that.

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.