Aqua Trol-No Lights, No Chlorine, Some LED Readings

Jun 1, 2012
I have an Aqua Trol that has been working great for about 6 years. This year is different. I hooked it up this year and no lights come on the unit. The LED reads 0.0 for salt level, 0.0 for amperage and 0 for volts. I think the only thing registering is the saturation % goes up and down according to turning the knob. It does shown the version etc. I read some on this site and others about the current limiter so I order (2) since they were so cheap. I got into the unit and noticed my existing current limiter didn't really look burned up but replaced it anyway. Still no lights or chlorine. I also notice that no longer do I hear the click noise I used to hear when it was generating. I looked over the board really good and didn't see any burn marks on any parts, actually inside of unit looked really clean. Any suggestions to fix it, especially before the pool turns completely green. I have been adding chlorine manually to avoid a total green out.
Thanks in advance.

Was able to download the diagnostic manual and check ever thing shown in manual. All checked out as manual stated. The unit is not connected to pool or cell at this time. I plugged it up was cycling thru settings and noticed cell volt 25. I am guessing board will have to be replaced.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.