swg aeration

Cloudbusting said:
I trying to lower TA according to pool school: PH at 7.2 and aeration

how much aeration does a 40k swg running for 8h per Day at 100% deliver? or is it insignificant?

when I've needed to aerate to lower TA, I used a fountain or sump pump so that the returning water is quite actively splash-y when it hits the pool water. it seems to promote gas exchange which helps alter the TA/pH level (almost like respiration, lol) I think that kind of aeration is important rather than just water returning to the pool via eye returns that return the water under the surface. Does that make sense?

Cloudbusting said:
I need to have the pool covered most of the time due to small kids so I was hoping all these bubbles from the swg could help

I also keep my pool covered most of the time, but the small bubbles you see within the SWG aren't gonna cut it if any at all, IMO.
Have you considered dropping the pH in the evening and running a fountain or other aerating device overnight while the kids are in bed? It might be an option you could try.
I have used a cheap tiered PVC fountain attached to the return that my polaris usually hooks up to on one end of the pool, and at the shallow end placed our small hot tub sump pump to the step. We used a short piece of garden hose and tied the hose over the handrail of the steps so the water made quite an impact (aeration!) returning to the pool. Worked a charm!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.