I've shocked and shocked

Re: Pool Won't Hold Chlorine...FRUSTRATED !!!

two months been shocking and shocking, Monday 4lbs today nothing, yesterday was high, pool places keeps telling me to do things don't work, it is cloudy too,
judy compton

I'm a realitive "newbie" here but can tell you if you'll follow the instructions/recommendations here you'll have water so bright it will hurt your eyes!
As Jason said number 1 is a good test kit,without it your "shooting in the dark" and probably wasting money too. You mentioned adding 4 pounds monday. Most here will recommend liquid chlorine. It will do what you want without any added "goodies" you dont want. A good test kit,, liquid chlorine,, some cya,,, the pool calculator and your gonna succeed... Oh yeah, a dose of patience is also needed,I'm always lacking this important ingredient.....

JasonLion said:
There is no way to figure out where you need to go unless you know where you are. Please post a complete set of water test results.
chlorine which I just put in last night 3.0ppm
total chlorine 3.0 ppm
combined chlorine 0.0
PH 7.6
Hardness 200 ppm
alkalinity 110ppm
cyanuric acid 0ppm
Phosphate 500

judycompton said:
JasonLion said:
There is no way to figure out where you need to go unless you know where you are. Please post a complete set of water test results.
chlorine which I just put in last night 3.0ppm
total chlorine 3.0 ppm
combined chlorine 0.0
PH 7.6
Hardness 200 ppm
alkalinity 110ppm
cyanuric acid 0ppm
Phosphate 500

What type of chlorine are you adding each time?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.