Jul 12, 2012
Northwest Alabama
i have a intex 14-48 with the pump that came with it and was wondering how long yall let them run. i have a swg i got at the same time and really havent used it yet as im still trying to clear it up better first.....im using bleach right now for my chlorine

How many gallons per hour will that pump do? Whatever it is, divide that into the # of gallons in the pool and that will tell you how many hours it has to run to turn the water over at least once. After you get the SWG operating you need to check your chlorine levels to see if the SWG can keep up. I have the Intex SWG and have discovered through experimenting I need to run the pump at least 9 hours for the SWG to keep enough chlorine in the pool.

chris400 said:
..........can u turm your pump off and leave ya swg on when you dont need your pump

No! Don't ever attempt to operate the SWCG without the pump running. It won't work. In fact, you'll quickly start having alarms go off for low or no flow through the generator. You can, however, program the pump to run while the generator is not operating. Odds are you'll need to anyway for filtering purposes, which can take longer than a chlorine-generating cycle,

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.