UV System versu Ozone System

Jun 13, 2013
I am just at the beginning phase of having my 30 by 20 inground pools built. I am debating between a UZ or ozone system to assist with the sanitation. I am trying to figugre out which is he better system to go with as there is no cost difference in which system the pool company installs. Any assistance or information is greatly appreciated.

Welcome to TFP!

The benefits of either are very small in a typical residential pool. Trading them for an upgrade somewhere else would probably be a better option.

If you have a typical outdoor pool, sunlight will provide far more UV sanitation than most typical residential UV sanitizing systems, Ozone opens another whole can of worms, unless you have a special circumstance like an indoor pool you should probably skip both, as they will increase your chlorine consumption and provide almost no benefit in return. Just another way for pool builders to tack on something you don't need.

Ike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.