how much sand for install?

gtnos

Jun 9, 2013
Newcastle, Oklahoma
so ive been leveling out the site with a flat shovel, 16ft 2 by and a 4ft level. getting close to done and about ready for sub base.

i plan on buying 2 inch by 6 x 10 blocks from walmart for the legs of the pool (intex 18ft ultra). i plan on placing them in position, level each block, then spreading out the sand around them, then making a level 2 inch thick sand bottom for liner, with blocks being even with the sand height. my thought is by placing blocks on hard ground instead of burying in sand, is it should all but elimate settling issues, as the blocks will be on hard clay based ground, not soft sand.

does this sound like a good plan? is 2 inches enough to protect liner and give good foot padding?

2 inches is what I used and placing the pavers on solid ground will be fine.just be aware that the legs move outward as the pool fills and the legs can slip off the pavers and end up under the liner don't ask how I know that....lol. so I corrected the issue with 3/4 inch treated plywood cut in 7.5 inch squares and held flush with the inside of the plastic foot and centered left to right and screwed to the outside of the plastic foot so as the pool fills the leg support ( plywood ) moves with the leg....problem solved. I also sanded the inside edges and smooth and rounded the corners just as a precaution......Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.