Skimmer ok for adding chemicals?

Mar 5, 2013
North Chili, NY
Since my pool was installed, I've only added chemicals through the skimmer.... It's just more conventions. Bleach, borax, MA, CYA (via sock)..
Any issue with continuing this? Guess I'm worried about the MA hitting the cartridge in too high of a concentration.
Tx.

From my reading here I've learned that some chemicals are too acidic or something and if they linger in the skimmer and then the pump turns on, an abrupt blast of the chemicals hit the equipment and it can cause problems.
If I am adding CYA I tie the sock that contains it and hang that sock from a piece of pool noodle toy which I then let float around in the pool. Sometimes I make an 'X' of noodle and it hangs in the center. I just use large industrial rubber bands. It all is dissolved in a day or so because I also squeeze the sock now and then to nudge it along.
When adding bleach I just pour slowly in front of the returns. With MA, I pour my desired amount into a bucket of water (not the other way around!) and pour that very slowly in front of some very active returns.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.