LifeTime Supporter
May 2, 2012
North of Charlotte, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I currently have a Polaris quick connect fitting about 6-8" to the side and below my skimmer that I want to convert to a simple manual hose fitting for manual suction vacuuming (already reconfigured valving at pad) so I can manually vacuum without using the typical skimmer plate and be able to keep the skimmer going as well. It seems like the existing adapter is just screwed into the wall just like the return eyeballs are in the pool, been searching (maybe searching with the wrong names?) for either a quick connect or just a male vac hose fitting that can be screwed into the wall....

Am I missing something here, is it a fitting just not made :?:

If I understand you correctly you converted the Polaris dedicated return pressure side line and plumbed it into your existing suction line to create a suction side port? If that is correct -

The Polaris quick disconnect should just unscrew out of the wall - sometimes they are in super tight and will break off when you try to remove them. I use a large wrench to turn it out and if it snaps I use the sharp end of a screwdriver to spin it loose. The 1 1/2" treads coming out of the wall are what you need to access to do what you want. After you remove the quick disconnect you can purchase a Hayward Vac-lock that threads in. Then you will need a Hayward AXV092 Hose connector to attach your standard vacuum hose to the vac lock in the wall. Maybe the Hayward AXV092 VAC hose connector will fit inside the Polaris Quick Disconnect without you having to mess with getting it out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.