Air bubbles not coming out of one set of jets

msg73

Sep 22, 2011
Some info on Spa:

I have a fairly large spa at approx 1200gals. Measures 7.5' L x 8.5' W x 3' D with a 1.5' wide bench all the way around at 1.5' deep. My builder put in 18 jets...two groups of 3 jets on each side, two groups of 2 jets on outer side and two single jets along pool side. It's powered by a 3HP dedicated pump with 6" piping in/out of the pump.

When I turn on the blower without the jets running, I get air bubbles coming out of all the jets. However, when I turn on the jets, one group of 2 jets on the outer side doesn't have bubbles coming out...just water. Any idea why?

Below is a diagram of how my jets are positioned. The numbers represent the jet grouping position and # jets per grouping. The grouping with the issue is the '2' at the top left of the diagram.

Equipemnt pad is around 30' off the top right corner of the diagram.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x.......2.........2......x
x.........................x
x..3..................3..x
x.........................x
x..3..................3..x
x.......1.........1......x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I was going to guess that the missing bubbles were the furthest from the pump, but that may not be the case unless the jets are not looped and are only fed CW around the spa.

Have you tried plugging a few of the other jets and see if the bubbles start up in that set?
Has it ever worked with bubbles out of all of them?

It's a newly constructed pool/spa. I'll try to plug some of the other jets to see. I'm thinking that there's just not enough air from the blower to flow through all of the jets with the water running.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.