need help on my Goldline above ground pool SWG settings

Sep 20, 2007
middle tennessee
Installed my Goldline SWG...but have a few Questions on my timer settings..
I plugged my pump into the bottom of my goldline box..plugged box into my outlet..
set the correct time of day on my timer..
set it to generate about,,15 hrs per day..pins in-pins out...
set the % at about40....
set on auto,,light says generating...
here are my questions....
will the timer also shut off my pump when not generating?..
I manualy move the timer dial around to see if it would stop generating and shut the
pump off but,,nothing happened! every thing kept going...
can anybody with experince with these heip?.......THANKS

It sounds like you have every thing setup correctly, except the switch.

Towards the center of timer, on the right side there is a little slide switch. It has three positions:
  • *The top position is on all the time (I think it has a "1" close to the end of the slot). In this position, the timer has no effect. The pump outlet is energized all of the time. If there is flow, the generator will be on.
    *The middle position is the "timer" position. I don't think that there are any specific markings. The outlet and generator will run if the pins at the little arrow (2 o'clock position) are "in" and there is flow.
    *The bottom position is off. In the off position the timer runs but nothing will run ever turn on. There is a "0" at this end of the slot.

Also, the generator light should cycle on and off depending on the % setting. I don't know what the current Hayward time cycle is, it use to be either 100 or 120 minutes, but, the % refers to the amount of the cycle that it is generating chlorine, with the remaining % in the "rest" mode, or not generating.
Throughout the day, it should cycle on and off.
If you sit and watch it long enough, you should see this.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.