Hello from Boston

kai3

Jun 12, 2013
Boston
Hi,
I am new to the forum, but an avid reader of the pool school pages. I just became the Chief Pool Officer of an inground gunite pool, about 18,000 gallons in our new house on the outskirts of Boston. The previous owners didn't do much to maintain (the pool or the house for that matter), so I'm knee-deep in TF100 testing and adding CYA and raising TA, in preparation for shocking. Thanks to all the other house projects, I'm doing the maintenance myself, but I'm up for the challenge. I just can't wait to actually get some use out of the pool after all this work!

I have a growing family - my wife is due any minute, and my 3 year old couldn't be more excited about the pool, so I hope I have a Jr. Chemist on my hands and we can test and maintain together. Looking forward to getting out of crisis mode with the pool, and learning about y'all's sparkling paradises.

Fun fact: The day before the closing, my wife found out that there was a cherub riding a dolphin plaster statue, that may or may not be a fountain (turns out it was) by the pool. She didn't know about it before, and when I told her, she said "And you still bought the house?!" Luckily it was already broken off the pipe so it's going in the contractor's dumpster this weekend :)

Best,
Kai