Switching sequestrants

dattia

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 12, 2008
West Chester, PA
I did a Vitamin C treatment recently and am on maintenance with Metal Free. I was not too happy with my results and after reading more here, it seems that Metal Free is not one of the recommended on this site. I would like to switch to a different sequestrant and would like to know if there is anything I need to do first or if it is OK to just make the switch by continuing on a maintenance dose with a different product.

Thank you.

Just switch to a different sequestrant. Any sequestrant slowly breaks down in the pool, so you need to add more regularly to maintain the correct level - that's normal.

Sequestrants based on HEDP, phosphonic acid, or phosphonic acid derivatives are the most effective. ProTeam's Metal Magic and Jack's Magic The Pink Stuff (regular), The Blue Stuff (fresh plaster), and The Purple Stuff (salt) are some of the top sequestrants. You can also find many other brands with similar active ingredients, some of which are noticeably less expensive.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.