Cannot maintain FC level

Mark E

May 12, 2013
I am having trouble maintaining a FC level. Ph and TA are ok but Cya was at 100. I drained 50% of my 26K pool refilled. Added 3.5lbs of Leslies power powder plus. 5 hours later tested no FC added 2.5lbs more and retested the next morning again no FC. Took a sample to Leslies Ph and TA ok but Cya still at 100.
Is the high Cya my problem? why did it not reduce with dillution? Do I keep adding chlorine or drain to further dillute.

Any suggestions.

Thanks,

Mark

And what is in that power powder? Cal hypo, or trichlor/dichlor? You may be putting CYA right back in with that stuff. I just don't know what product it is.

EDIT: I looked it up, it's cal hypo, so at least you aren't adding CYA. It isn't CYA keeping you from having FC, but there is way too much if the test is right. What test are you using for FC? Can you test for CC? If not, it will be difficult to make a solid recommendation to you. You may have something consuming your FC, it may be something else. More info really is needed, I'm sorry. I cannot encourage you strongly enough to get a good test kit and rely on your own numbers, and understand what they mean. It's really pretty easy and things will be much better for you and your pool in the future.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.