My first numbers with the TF-100

DLO

May 28, 2008
Sioux City, IA
Just tested with the TF-100 kit that arrived this afternoon. Here's the results:

FC-3
CC-1
TC-4
pH-7.5
T/A-310
CH-190
CYA-48
Temp-80F

This is my first pool. We bought this home last Nov. I opened the pool myself and did as best i could to get the chemistry balanced with the tests I inherited with the house.

I have ,what I assume to be, spots of mustard algae on the liner. not a lot of them, but enough to notice...some the size of a quarter, some the size of a dollar bill. I dove to try and scrub the spots off with a stiff brissled brush. Some of the spots came right off....some wouldn't.

I am trying to convert to BBB. I have a feeder delivering Trichlor Tabs right now. I have previously shocked with Cal Hypo. It's due again for shocking.

Any suggestions on converting to BBB from my current situation? Should I shock to 28ppm like the CYA Chart says I should to resolve the algae stains?

...And in regard to using bleach to shock: Will the water get cloudy like it does with Cal Hypo when I shock with bleach?

I would start with regular shock level, FC at 16, and hold that till the algae is gone and you don't lose any FC overnight. Chances are that that will be enough. But to be really sure, follow that by bringing it up to high shock level, FC at 28, for 24 hours.

I doubt the water will get cloudy when you use bleach.

I would suggest you not use the pucks much longer. Your CYA is high enough and the pucks will only make it too high if you keep using them.

Probably not mustard algae. Bringing the FC up high will probably eliminate most of them after a few days or so. Post back if they're not gone after you get your FC up

What criteria are you using to tell it's time to shock?

Consider yourself converting! :lol: BBB is all about understanding what's going on with your pool and knowing what to do about it without harmful side effects......you're on your way!.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.