Hello from Yet-Another-Texan

TxSkye

Apr 23, 2008
Danbury, Texas
I’ve been lurking for quite awhile and decided an introduction and a big “Thank You” was long past due.
:wave:

Although I’ve lived in Texas for over 30 years, I was born and raised in Minnesota and have always loved the water. Swimming, fishing, canoeing, skiing…. Yep, I’m a Pieces in more ways than one. I’ve always wanted a pool, but DH said “Too much money, too much work” but then, he doesn’t have the affinity for water the way I do.

Last spring, said DH came home from Wally-World with one of those easy set pools, said “The grandkids will love it, I couldn’t resist”. :lol: Needless to say I was ecstatic. After reading all the instructions, I got my son to help me set it up. I filled the pool and added some HTH Pool Shock…. yep, after only ½ an hour, my nice clean water turned a rusty orange brown. Seems my well water is loaded with metals. I called our local pool store “I can hear the gasps already”, they said I needed Metal Control.

By this time I decided that research was called for. Thank god for :google: . I found the old pool forum and read until my eyes blurred. Found a link to TFP, and read some more, and more, and more…etc. 1 week later I had a nice crystal clear pool which provided hours of fun for not just the grandkids. This year, I put the pool up a little early as I would have the same problem with the fill water as last year, but knowing that with all the knowledge I gained at TFP, that I could handle it. :goodjob:

DH says I spend wayyyy too much time cleaning the pool, but for me its actually fun, plus I get alone time for awhile before the kids descend on me. I just wanted to thank all of you for taking the time to share your knowledge and making this Texan’s pool experience a real pleasure.

Skye

[align=center]
pool01.jpg
[/align]