Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Any computer guru's here?

1. Back To Top    #1

Any computer guru's here?

I am not the sharpest tack on the wall when it comes to computers, so i need some help. Any time I go to exit out of explorer I get the following message, "Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to shut down" and then it has buttons that say "send error report" and "Dont send". This is getting VERY annoying, anyone know what the problem could be or how to fix it?
    27' Round AG, 17,200 gallons, sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Do you have any anti-virus and or anti-spyware software you could on your system ?
    Also what ver of IE are you running ?

Steve
    Echo Canyon II by Artesian Pools, 13.5 KGal AG Round, 22" Artesian Sand Filter 2 hp Artesian pump
    Med Lab Tech for 12 years in E.TN
    Chem testing by Trouble Free Test Kits

3. Back To Top    #3

I have Norton for security, now to show how dumb i am about computers, ummmmm how do i find what version i have?
    27' Round AG, 17,200 gallons, sand filter

4. Back To Top    #4
    On a somewhat related note, this new template is designed to work with the latest versions of firefox and IE7, so if you are not using one of those, it might be time to upgrade.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Poolidiot
    I have Norton for security, now to show how dumb i am about computers, ummmmm how do i find what version i have?
    To find your version of IE, click 'help', and then 'about IE'. That will open a box with your version.
    Probably the same thing with your norton... you may even be able to click your norton icon in the system tray (bottom right, near the clock) and get the info. Or open your norton and click help, as above.

I use Firefox and McAfee, so I cannot tell you exactly what words will be there to click, but at least it is a place to start!!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

6. Back To Top    #6
    In XP, you may be able to find something informative under "Start - Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Event Viewer". You may see pertinent messages under System, or Application, or maybe even Internet Explorer. It could point you to where to look.

As for that error REPORTING, thing, right-click on "My Computer" and select "Properties". On the "Advanced" tab, there is an option to Disable Error Reporting (check 'But notify me when critical errors occur") Then, again on the Advanced tab, click the "Settings" button under Startup and Recovery. Change the "Write debugging information" to '(none)'.
    This will make those error recovery situations a little less painful.
    [center:1kpalu48]Helpful Links: Pool School | CYA/Chlorine Chart | Pool Calculator[/center:1kpalu48]