Recommendation for Vinyl Pool Wall Brands?

Blueskies21

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 13, 2011
Middle TN
So my wife and I have been talking to every builder in town about our proposed vinyl pool and it seems like every one of them has a different wall brand and every one of them claims theirs is the best one. Here are some of the ones we've heard; Fox Pools, Fuzion 5010, Pinnacle Pools, Fort Wayne Pools, Radiant... I think that's all of the vinyl ones. Some things almost make sense to me, for example it looks like Fox Pools panels are painted which I could see reducing potential corrosion. I think Radiant pools is the one that's aluminum with an insulation layer? That's sounds like a somewhat filmsy claim to me but I guess it's possible. Anyway, anyone have any thoughts about Pool Wall Brands?

So of the laundry list of brands we've come up with is one better than another??

As for Polymer vs steel, I'm not sure if I'm a polymer fan or not. Granted steel rusts and salt water accelerates that but plastic could deteriorate in other ways, and to me that's a little bit "the devil you know vs the devil you don't know"

For example one of the manufacturers said they paint their steel walls. That actually makes a fair amount of sense to me as a corrosion prevention measure.

I guess the question is, besides just being a huge pain... is there any reason NOT to paint steel walls on my own if I didn't get prepainted?

I am in the same boat as you, to me I think they all will last my lifetime. I am going with the Builder I like the best, not overly concerned with what they install, more how they install it is my concern. With that said If I had my choice I am thinking I would go Polymer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
i recently replaced a liner in a fifteen yr old galvanized steel wall pool.The panels suprisingly only showed a small amount if surface rust(at least on the side i could see) and were structurally sound.no prep work on the walls was necessary.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.