Question about dichlor

No that is ok, it is just until you get the dichlor in there (and the CYA raised) you will loose considerable amounts of FC to sunlight, so in that case this is normal, as Jason said make sure to dose in the evening to keep chlorine level up, also dose when possible during the day as your schedule permits. This will only be for a few days until you get that dichlor in the water.

The 4th day of dichlor was about a week ago and as you guys indicated the chlorine hangs around a heck of a lot longer than when there was no stabilizer. The odd thing though is that I haven't had to add *any* chlorine and its still *way* off the charts in the drop test every night. HTH test kit I have has a range up to 5ppm with a yellow color. The test kit for me registers a reasonably dark orange.

sounds like you overdosed it a bit, feeding the dichlor too fast, it will drop down with sun exposure, you can try to dilute your pool water 50/50 with chlorine free bottled water or rain water and multiply your result by 2 to get an idea how high your chlorine really is, if you so desire.

Ike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.