Another stain thread....

mk1

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Sep 15, 2011
Miami Beach, FL
I have recently developed some metal stains while in the shock process....

Vit C tablets dramatically improve them. They are about 30 in number. They are quite small. I am not eager to lower my FC, since I just shocked my pool and it looks very good both by tests and eye.

I was thinking of fixing them one by one either by putting my dive gear on and rubbing them away with the vitamin C tablets or using the sock technique. Should I use a sequestering agent first? Any suggestions on the best one?

Thanks in advance.

If you only have a small total area with stains, then using vitamin c/ascorbic acid in a sock applied directly to the stained area is just fine.

Sequestrants based on HEDP, phosphonic acid, or phosphonic acid derivatives are the most effective. ProTeam's Metal Magic and Jack's Magic The Pink Stuff (regular), The Blue Stuff (fresh plaster), and The Purple Stuff (salt) are some of the top sequestrants. You can also find many other brands with similar active ingredients, some of which are noticeably less expensive.

You can add sequestrant now, or shortly after. Just make sure your PH is relatively low (7.2ish or a little lower) while doing the stain removal.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.