Blue Diamond power supply burned out

Jun 2, 2008
I picked up a Blue Diamond (remote) last year off e-bay. It's my first robotic cleaner and I was very happy with it last season and can't imagine going back to manual cleaning.

Well this weekend I opened the pool and put in the BD yesterday. It moved around but was acting rather funny (moving very slowly, never went straight), so I took it out. Today I went to give it a try again but when I flipped the switch the power supply light came on but the BD didn't move, and then the supply switch would click off after about 15 to 20 seconds. And the power supply smells - I suspect it got burned out, somehow.

Watertech referred me to Aquatron, but since the unit is out of warranty I have to ship this thing to them before they'll tell me how much it costs to repair it. I'm hesitant to do so as it won't be cheap to ship and I have a feeling the repair charges will not be worth it......

I was wondering if anyone had experience with sending back their BD for repair or a similar problem has occured with your BD.

The whole thing has been quite frustrating as I paid several hundred $ last year and got to use it for one season. It this worth sending back for repair? It is more then 4 years old. I'd be even more upset if I had it repaired and it broke again in the next year....

Thanks in advance for any advice!

I am confused as to why WaterTech would send you to Aquatron for service?

Regardless, there should be a fuse you can replace on the power supply- that is one thing you can check.

If you are certain the power supply is shot, I would see how much it is for a replacement- would probably be cheaper than having to pay for shipping and service/parts.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.