Resilience SWG

dan c.

Jun 11, 2013
Hi. New member here with a question (perhaps a dumb one). I have a Resilience PSC3 SWG and the "blue tower" flow switch (PMFS-T) has gone bad. It seems after extensive searching that it is NO LONGER available. They are now making a NEW version, however, everyone says it doesn't FIT in the old threaded opening and SOMEONE even suggested using electrical tape or teflon tape to MAKE IT FIT. Yikes. It will involve extensive re-plumbing to make a new one fit correctly. My question: until I have time to deal with getting the part delivered AND all that re-plumbing....if this is JUST a switch....and has no other "electronic function" can I just run a jumper across the two wires to complete the circuit for now? I'd like to get this thing working ASAP since the pool is looking a little nasty in this hot Summer weather. THANK YOU!!!!

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!! :wave:

Not sure about the part, but I would not put a jumper across as that is a safety feature that prevents the SWG from running while the pump is off (which can lead to a buildup of explosive gas) ... if the SWG is not working, you should be maintaining the FC by using bleach.

If the water is already not clear, you should follow the Shocking Your Pool PROCESS

Thanks. I should have mentioned that the Resilience SWG is run WITH the timer on the pool filter system so that it cannot be on by itself. It can only be "powered-up" when the pool pump system is running.

Well, then the choice to jumper the flow switch temporarily is yours ... that should allow SWG to function until you figure out how to fix it.

Still sounds like you need to follow the shock process to clear up the pool first.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.